Friday, May 14, 2021
HomeTrooping the Colour won’t go ahead this year, says Buckingham Palace

Trooping the Colour won’t go ahead this year, says Buckingham Palace

[ad_1]

Officials are considering an alternative parade at Windsor Castle as happened last year in June.

Lockdown restrictions prevented the celebration from taking place in 2020 in its regular form. Uncertainty about the situation this year meant officials decided to call it off again.

It has only been cancelled once before during the Queen’s reign – in 1955 during a national rail strike.

Each June, the royal family take part in a carriage procession, watching the military parade on Horse Guards Parade and gathering on the Buckingham Palace balcony to enjoy a celebratory flypast.

It marks the monarch’s official birthday and has done since 1748.

The display of pomp and pageantry usually attracts thousands of tourists who flock to central London to see the traditional spectacle.

More than 1,400 soldiers, 400 musicians and 200 horses usually take part in the traditional display.

The troops participating in the march past are drawn of fully trained, operational troops from the Household Division.

The streets are lined with crowds waving flags as the parade moves from Buckingham Palace and down The Mall to Horse Guards Parade.

[ad_2]

Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments